Hi Ladies (and Gentlemen),
I hope you are all having a delightful day!
I just want to let you know that I'm leaving SPL. I've accepted a position as a High School Librarian at Holy Names Academy (my old high school of all places!); my last day is at the end of the month. It is bittersweet to leave the public library as I have dreamed of being a children's librarian for most of my life. I want to thank you for your kindness and support over the years. You might not realize, but I have learned a lot from every single one of you, whether a song, outreach tips, searching tricks, book titles, a display idea, a joke, or how to make the most of a difficult situation.
The tradition of the Seattle Public Library is long and rich, as a child born in Seattle I have marveled at the magic of the SPL children's librarians and as an adult I feel honored to have been a small part of your legacy, a network of truly magical human beings who love, champion and respect the children of Seattle. Thank you for welcoming me into your group and showing me how to spread my wings as an individual. I love you all; you will always hold a very special place in my heart.
Your Friend and BIGGEST Fan,
Anna :)
Anna Wiggs
Children's Services Librarian
Columbia Branch
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment