Yesterday a new book came to our branch that was about a girl waiting for her garden to grow.
I happened to flip through it because there was something charming about the cover. (And I like to look at picture books!)
While waiting for her garden flowers to appear, the girl and others made beautiful paper flowers, which brought color and joy to them all.
And, of course, the flowers did eventually bloom.
Never before have I seen a picture book with paper flowers as a feature of the story. And it came in this week!
Library Serendipity and Magic!
http://www.rosekennedygreenway.org/programs/telefable/index.htm
ReplyDeletetelefable or Rose's Garden
Treasure posted something on your Wall and wrote:
ReplyDelete"Story time was a hit today-- the surprise water got a lot of squeals and the flowers were a wild success. Several mothers and grandmother stayed to make extras, and a dad walked around wearing one behind his ear! Thanks for all of your help with this one!"