Lupine wrote me an e-mail with these stories. Thanks for sharing them, Lupine and for being such an amazing woman and librarian!
You know, I save nice things like this for the days when it all seems a bit much. This is going in the file.
So – I’ll share my delights today (also going in my “nice" file):
One patron said over the phone after I had placed a hold: “I just want to tell you that the library is the most valuable city service we have and I am so dismayed that you will be closed for a week. We really appreciate the library so much!
And another lady came in looking for some items and we got to chatting about not letting negativity get you down. She said, “I think the goddesses were at work. You were here at the right time! I just knew you could help me!” She told me she “cusses like a sailor but has the heart of a saint” and I thought – my kind of lady!
Yay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment