Doreen brought her daughters Trinin and Lyra to Columbia when they were little. Doreen enjoyed all the programs and the crafts, as did her daughters.
When her granddaughter Amina was born, Doreen came to the library for the first time in a long time to tell me Lyra had had a baby. I then found out that her father is Douglas, who works for the library and whose brother was in my husband's class. And, of course, I made Amina a quilt.
Yesterday, Doreen and seven and half year old Amina were in the northend and came by the Lake City Branch just to see me. (Doreen said they would have turned around and left if I hadn't been there!) We visited for a bit and Doreen told me again what fun they had had when coming to my programs and I really felt appreciated.....
The things I did and the way I was over 20 years ago, resulted in that visit. And I am greatful for the reminder of the importance of fun and creativity and connection in representing the library.
And Amina read a book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment