Last night, I visited with a storytime family, having been invited through our Facebook connection. It was the festival of Ganesh Chaturthi and the mom wanted to share her festival and stories with me. Her 4 year old son was very excited that "teacher" was visiting his home. I admired the altar and learned about the symbolism and shared wonderful foods I had not even imagined before. The mom told me stories of the god.
Their home was decorated with pictures of the son and gods and goddesses as well as art projects made at the library! Even the "Welcome" sign on the front door was made of die cut letters made from discarded books.
They have also shown the grandparents in India pictures of Treasure and me so the families will know who is important to their child.
I was treated as such an honored guest. The mom said they would remember always that I had come.
Clearly the ripples of our work continue through time and across continents!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment