This weekend a mother of a 16 year old boy came into the library looking for information on entertainment of the American colonial period. She had already been downtown and not been able to get the assistance she wanted.
I told her I had been a history major who had worked at a restoration and was very excited about this topic. I also reassured her about helping her son get books for his assignment as I had brought books home for my teenaged son's most recently project myself!
She left with a pile of books including some reference books and a sincere and relieved smile on her face.
Monday she dropped off this note for me:
In a mad search for what people did for entertainment in colonial days, with only half an hour until closing time, you came to my rescue!
The books were right on target for my son's paper.
You are the nicest, friendliest, most insightful librarian I have ever met.
Thank you tons!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
And some people think librarians are becoming absolete!
ReplyDelete