Monday, December 13, 2010

In Which David Realizes That What He Does Touches People He Never Would Have thought He Would Reach


great urban library moment: Friday, around 1 a.m., down around 3rd & James, bus stop, amidst the sorts of people that should give people like me pause about this corner at this hour... (see comment)
Saturday at 10:02am ·  · 
    • David Wright 
      ‎...the kinds of people that seem fairly at home at 3rd & James at 1 a.m. on a Friday, you know... And this street hardered dude spots me, and yells out "HEY!" and I say "Yeh, what?" preparing for the age old appeal, and he says "Those are ...See More
      Saturday at 10:05am ·  ·  26 people
    • Rebecca Vnuk these are the times that make me wish there was a "REALLY like" button.
      Saturday at 10:18am ·  ·  3 people
    • Alexandra Yarrow not like, LOVE!
      Saturday at 10:19am · 
    • Treasure Samuel I love it! This makes me even more excited to come listen to your stories! Maybe I will get to sit by the street hardened dude! :)
      Saturday at 10:43am · 
    • April Stonehendge Surprised that you didn't get asked if "you like to party", or if you have a dollar/liter/pipe/etc. That's excellent!
      Saturday at 10:46am · 
    • Anna Wiggs And people question the value of librarians!
      Saturday at 11:00am · 
    • Rosemary Adamski Super Like! just shows how we never know how we touch people's lives and make a difference.
      Saturday at 11:10am · 
    • Toby Thomas LOVE!
      Saturday at 11:18am · 
    • Paige Chernow I fantasize that for every homeless person we help, we build up good street karma. However, I hope that the various drunk guys I've had to kick out of the library don't remember my face...
      Saturday at 11:26am ·  ·  2 people
    • Robin Rousu Awesome.
      Saturday at 11:42am · 
    • Lupine Bybee Miller I LOVE this. Love it.
      Saturday at 12:14pm · 
    • Joe J. Marquez very cool!
      Saturday at 2:13pm · 
    • Martha Nance Send that to Susan. Seriously..
      Saturday at 2:44pm · 
    • Sonja Peterson Somerville That's pure awesome!
      Saturday at 6:41pm · 
    • Nancy O'Leary Pew Is this a story for the infonet?
      Saturday at 9:58pm · 
    • David Wright I'll put it up, NP - thanks.
      about a minute ago · 
    • Nancy O'Leary Pew These stories are the WHY of what we are doing! Thanks for sharing and helping us keep the faith!
      a few seconds ago · 

No comments:

Post a Comment